Who needs to register their vehicle?
- All students, Resident and Commuter- within 24 hours of bringing the vehicle on campus.
How do I register my vehicle?
- Campus Security Office
- Decal cost $10 - Pay online. Be sure to keep a copy of your receipt. You can also pay cash at the cashier's window
in the Hunter Center.
- With your receipt, student ID, and state vehicle registration, go to the Campus Security
Office, located on the 1st floor of Russell West. There, you will complete a vehicle registration form and
be issued your decal. The decal goes on the inside of your windshield, driver side,
- You can also pay online and register your vehicle. Then, when you arrive on campus, simply take your receipt showing you have paid,
to the Campus Security Office, located on the 1st floor of Russell West.
Where do I park?
- In clearly designated legal parking spaces. Areas which have posted signs or have pavement painting indicating designated parking
must be observed and complied with. No parking is allowed on the grass. Resident students may not drive to class.
Types of parking decals:
- Resident Student
- FS: Faculty/Staff
PRINTABLE PARKING MAP
What if I get a ticket?
If you receive a ticket you have 2 options:
- Option 1- within 15 days pay the ticket. Pay online. Be sure to keep a copy of your receipt. You can also pay cash at the cashier's window
in the Hunter Center and obtain a receipt. With your receipt and ticket go to the
Campus Security office located on the 1st floor of Russell West.
- Option 2- To appeal the ticket take it to the Residence Life Office located on the 1st floor of Russell West. They will set up a time and date for the House Council to
hear your appeal.
What if I get a ticket and don't pay it or appeal it?
- Any unpaid campus parking tickets will result in a security hold being placed on your
student account. This hold will prevent you from viewing your grades, viewing your
transcript, registering for classes, obtaining a copy of your official transcript
and graduating. Students are encouraged to check their MyCSU account for updated information
regarding past due campus parking fines.
How do I remove a security hold from my student account?
- Contact the Campus Security Department
- Request the amount of your hold.
- Pay the hold - Pay online. Be sure to keep a copy of your receipt. You can pay cash at the cashier's window
in the Hunter Center and obtain a receipt. With your receipt go to the Campus Security
Department located on the 1st floor of Russell West, produce the receipt, and the hold will be removed.
Temporary Parking Information
- A Temporary Parking Permit can be issued by the Campus Security Department for vehicles
that will be on campus for a short period of time. An example would be that your primary
vehicle is in the shop for repairs and you are driving a loaner for a week. You would
be required to obtain a Temporary Parking Permit.
Temporary Handicap Parking Information
- If a student suffers an injury which temporarily makes it difficult to walk from their
designated parking area to class, a Temporary Handicap Parking permit can be issued
by the Campus Security Department. A doctor's note may be required.
Visitor/ Guest Parking Information
- Visitors and guests are required to park in marked visitor parking spots unless a
designated area has been established for an event they are attending.
Vehicle Immobilization Policy
- Charleston Southern University has a vehicle parking and registration policy in effect
which requires students, faculty, and staff to register and obtain a parking decal
for their vehicle within 24 hours of bringing it on campus. From time to time it is
necessary to utilize a wheel immobilizer to boot vehicles on campus to ensure compliance
with the university's registration and parking policy. The purpose of immobilizing
the vehicle is to identify the driver and insure that if the driver is a current student
a vehicle registration and decal is obtained. If your vehicle is immobilized then you will have to pay a fee to the cashier's office
or online of $25.00 to have the vehicle released and $10.00 for a parking decal if
your vehicle does not have one displayed. Once you have paid these fee(s), present
your receipt to Security who will then release the vehicle.
Faculty, Staff Parking Decal Information
- All faculty and staff members must register their vehicles with the Campus Security
Department upon employment. There is no charge for the registration and decal. Faculty
and staff members are required to follow the campus parking policy.
CAMPUS PARKING LOTS MAP
Sign Up For BUC Alerts
BUC Alert is an emergency communication system that sends notification to the entire
campus community before, during and after an emergency. To signup for BUC Alert notification
system, you must be logged into your MyCSU account.
SIGN UP FOR BUC ALERTS